Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sitting Pretty with my New AFO's


Today we picked up Melody's new AFO's. These are her ankle foot orthotics which will help her feet not to "drop" and give her the support she needs to stand. We picked the butterfly pattern and they really are kind of cute.




The problem right now is they slide right off because of her little chubby legs. So, now we need to go shoe shopping. I think the shoes will help them stay on. I haven't bought shoes as I have been waiting for these to get finished. The orthotics company said they will adjust them to fit into her shoes once we have some.


One postive thing I've noticed is that she is bending her knees in order to try and reach her AFO's. She rarely bends her knees, so if these encourage that kind of movement, that will be a bonuse. The OT wants her to start being more aware of her feet, and having something on them certainly increased her awareness of them, at least by sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment