Friday, November 5, 2010

Getting Away!

Kevin and I are getting away for a couple nights. 48 kid-free hours! We'll be staying close to home, but are looking forward to the time together. This is the first time we've been away since Melody's birth. We plan to do Disneyland tonight and go on a few rides the kids don't care for.

Pray for our kids while we are away as well as the caregivers who will be helping out for the next 48 hours. There are 6 people, including Grandma Allen that are helping to make this weekend possible. Words cannot express how thankful we are for these wonderful people in our lives.

Getting ready to leave for a couple days teaches you a few things, or maybe just reminds you what you already know. Either way, here are a few things I've discovered:

1) Writing a schedule of all that needs to be done in 24 hours makes a long list.
2) It is very hard to think of leaving my baby with all her special needs.
3) As hard as it is to leave Melody, I know this is one of the many steps toward independence that she and I will take over the years.
4) This is one of the many times I wish we lived closer to my family.
5) Our church family truly is an amazing family to us. The things they do for us are truly humbling.
6) You know you have true friends when they will learn to do a catheter for you.
7) Give your kids a chance to spend the day with Grandma or friends, and they won't care that you are going away.
8) Getting ready to leave is exhausting.
9) The thought of time alone with my wonderful Husband is wonderful.
10) You know you have 5 kids when the thing you're looking forward to most while you are away is uninterrupted sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, I hope you get to have a wonderful time with the man you love, may the minutes multiply and may you be replenish with energy.
    I wish we live closer together so we could help each other with our kids.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete