Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sick Thoughts

Getting the Sick Kid Treatment - Joel has Lunch in Bed

For the last almost 6 weeks someone has been sick in our family.  It has been exhausting for me, which is probably why I got sick several times through the whole adventure. 

While having sick kids and being sick is no fun, it sure gives you a lot of time to think.  That is, when you are rested enough to even think straight.

It is times like this when I am so grateful to be a full-time Mom.  I'm so blessed to have a husband who works so hard to support us all.  I'm so thankful that I get to be here to do lots of cuddling and comfort my children when they are sick.  I'm thankful I don't have to wake each morning and scramble to figure out who stays with a sick kid.  Knowing that I can always be here if they are sick is comforting.  To all of us. 

Kevin's job flexibility is such a blessing in times like this as well.  He can stay with kids while I run one to the doctor.  Or, like last week, go pick one up at the last minute if another one vomits at an inopportune time.  Yes, he still works a lot of hours, but setting his own schedule is a blessing to our family. 

I really believe the kids need their Moms and Dads to be their primary caregivers, and it is times like this when I'm so thankful we have made the sacrifices to make that happen.  It is a wonderful blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! You are so right. I've always thought that we sacrifice something and I was not willing to sacrifice my child. They need their parents and especially their Mom's at home! You will never regret it, I don't. God is faithful and always provides above and beyond. Blessings, Jill Caver (Jessup)

    ReplyDelete