Thursday, June 24, 2010

Counting Our Blessings, Again

Tomorrow I will take Melody to our much awaited visit with the Pediatric Orthopedic Doctor.

Tonight I was doing a bit of research on the internet to have my questions for tomorrow's visit. As always, doing research on spina bifida can be depressing.

Tonight I will count my blessings instead of my worries. Here I go:

1- We have the privilege of having Melody Annalise in our family. The alternative of not having her at all is too painful to contemplate. We are so thankful to have her, just the way she is.

2- Melody continues to be our miracle.

3- Melody has had NO urinary track infections, NO shunt malfunctions, NO emergency room visits, and NO constipation. These are all pretty amazing for our first year with SB.

4 - Our house sold quickly at a wonderful price and we have an amazing real estate agent :) who is helping us look for our new single story home.

5 - We have some amazing friends who are letting us enjoy their home, and more importantly their pool, while we look for our new house.

6- David, Elizabeth, Hannah and Joel, our other amazing kids who bring us joy each day and love on their baby sister like crazy. Watching them love on Melody is such a wonderful delight.

7- An abundance of friends and family who bless, encourage and love us.

8- Most of all God's love. What a wonderful priviledge to carry "everything to God in prayer." There is no greater place to lay my worries and fears about SB than at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment