Friday, October 30, 2009

Physical Therapy, Not!


At least, not yet anyway. I finally talked with the Nurse/Case Worker at the Spina Bifida Clinic. We've been playing phone tag all week. I was able to ask her all my physical therapy questions. What I have learned is Melody does not need to start physical therapy this early! Yeah! She will be evalualted in mid-December by the physical therapists at her next spina bifida clinic. At that time if they determine she needs early therapy, they will refer her. However, it is highly likely Melody will not need physical therapy until at least 9 months of age when they really start working on walking, etc. From our conversation and reasons why a child might need earlier physical therapy, I'm guessing Melody will not need it. This is a wonderful blessing. That despite her leg weakness, she really is doing very well for this young. I am to continue to do the stretching exercises I was shown at the hospital. It appears that stretching and keeping her limbs limber is the most important thing at this point. I must say I am relieved we don't have to add that to our schedule right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment