Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Check Up

Today was Melody's 2 month check up with her pediatrician. She weighed in at 9 pounds, 4 ounces! That means she has gained 3 pounds. As that is over 1 ounce each day, that is very good. She was in the 10th percentile in weight and in the 25% in height. I think she is 22 1/2 inches. She received her first immunizations today as well.

The only area of concern is her left hip. I pointed it out to the doctor as Melody can lay that leg flat out to the side. The doctor agreed that it does not have the tone of the one on the right. Dr. Zaft wants to have an ultrasound of that hip just to check it out. Dec 16th is Melody's next spina bifida clinic. She already has a kidney ultrasound that morning. I will try and schedule her hip ultrasound that same morning. That way we'll have both tests when we see her doctors at spina bifida clinic that afternoon. Then we get to pick up Grandma & Grandpa Coats at the airport!

Once again I am grateful for how well Melody is doing. There will always be areas of concern, but I count my blessings that so far they seem to be fairly minor.

David was in for his annual checkup and immunizations as well, so I was able to get two kids taken care of in one morning. David is now only 4 inches shorter than me! He'll be taller than me before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment