Thursday, January 21, 2010

When I Grow Up

Today my precious daughter, Elizabeth, brought tears to my eyes. In a good way. She was looking at Melody's new Pavlik harness and she said to me, "When I grow up, I'll make fashionable ones!" If you know Elizabeth, she is all about fashion. She sews and sews and has her own sense of style. I've often wondered what God will do with that talent and passion. Could it be that having a disabled sister will lead her to make fashionable, pretty and fun accessories for the handicapped? What a wonderful use of her gifts that would be. Of course, I don't know what the future holds and she is only 9 1/2, but I do enjoy dreaming with her. Especially when her dreams are so wonderful. I know that Melody will have a dramatic impact on who her siblings grow up to be and do. Today I saw just a glimpse of what that could look like and I am proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment