Monday, June 22, 2009

Counting My Blessings

I will be headed out early tomorrow to take the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. My number on the one hour was 148 and they want you under 140. I have never had gestational diabetes before, but who knows. I also have a doctor appointment at 9, so I will hopefully be done with everything soon after 11.

It is easy to get discouraged and label this the "if anything can go wrong it will" pregnancy, but I think it is time to count my blessings again. It makes me much more positive about life. :)

Today I am blessed because:
* Joel can get on the potty by himself!
* We have new blue bedding on our bed. I have been looking for a long time and found a complete set I like for just under $60 and I had a gift certificate! It was not a need, but it gives me joy.
* 3 of our 4 children are doing well in swim lessons and Joel seemed to scream a little less today.
* Melody is VERY active. It is fun to feel her move and each kick encourages me.
* Despite a difficult real estate market right now, the bills are still paid.
* On one of my most tired days last week, I had a meal prepared by a friend I was able to just thaw out and cook. It was a wonderful blessing that day.
* Elizabeth is actually enjoying doing her multiplication times tests this summer. She likes a little competition and she is improving.
* We have a brand new septic pit! Flush away.
* The sprinklers are now mostly functioning again after the septic pit installation.
* Summer time! I can rest when I need to and not have to worry about the kids schoolwork.
* I have four wonderful children who do pretty well when Mommy is resting again.
* My wonderful husband, Kevin, who encourages me to let go of my perfectionistic tendancies.
* Friends and family who encourage me when I am down.

1 comment:

  1. You have encouraged me to count my blessings also:) Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete