Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers

Our father has a stronger influence in our lives than we probably ever realize. I am so thankful for my Father. The influence he has had and continues to have in my life is something I treasure. My Dad is a quiet, unassuming man, but a man of character and integrity who is always there for us. My Dad is consistent in his faith and actions. I love you, Dad! Happy Fathers Day.

I am also incredibly grateful for my husband, who is also a wonderful Father. Raising 5 kids is not for the faint of heart and it is such a blessing to have a wonderful husband and father at my side. Kevin works hard to provide for our family. He is a wonderful example to our children. He places his wife and his children right below God in his priorities, and it shows. I love being married to a man who loves me and our children. Who will send me out for the evening without complaint and takes care of our children. Who never complains about the cleanliness of our house or the caliber of our meals, but praises me for raising our children. He tells everyone that being a full-time Mom is a harder job than his. I appreciate how he honors me. I love you Kevin, Happy Father's Day!

As we begin our adventure with spina bifida, I am so thankful Melody has Kevin for a father. I know his influence and love for her will make an incredible difference. A father who loves her already and will protect and defend her throughout her life.

Most of all I'm grateful for our heavenly Father who is the best Father of all. He is there for us when no one else is. Loves, protects, and defends us as no earthly father can. The perfect Father and example to all fathers. What a blessing to be called a child of God. I love you Lord, Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment