Sunday, May 10, 2009

Be Still and Hope

Be Still and Know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

I admit, I don't do still very well. God has been bringing this verse to mind as I wade through the volumes of information and decisions we now face. I can only do so much, and then I just need to be still and rest in the knowledge that He is God. He knows our daughter and the exact nature of her needs. He will see us through. So.. I am working on still.

Today has been a day of HOPE for me. Yesterday was a day to crash and burn and cry. Today was a day to hope. People with spina bifida do amazing things in life and there is so much help for them medically and otherwise. I read several stories of children and adults who have spina bifida and it gives me hope. Hope for the life our daughter can lead. We really don't know what God has planned for her, but there is so much reason to hope. I'm thankful for that tonight.

We are so grateful for the outpouring of love and support from so many friends and family. It is overwhelming to realize how many love us, are there for us and are just waiting to help. Thank you to each one of you who has taken the time to encourage us or pray for us these past four days. You know who you are. Bless You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment