Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Little R & R

This year for my birthday I asked my hubby for a couple days away to meet my cousin. We have a hotel half-way between the two of us, and we're meeting tomorrow to rest, relax, talk, and scrapbook. I can't wait to see Kristie and I really need the rest. We couldn't find a time that worked for both of us back in April (which is my real birthday), but the timing is from God's hand. I know I will feel refreshed and encouraged when I return.

Kevin will be holding down the fort tomorrow and then the kids will be spending a couple nights with our dear friends in San Diego. I'll be home Saturday afternoon and be able to spend some time with my hubby and catching up on things at home before the kids return Sunday afternoon. Mostly, I'll probably catch up on sleep.
Kevin will have the chance to work uninterrupted, which has been hard to come by lately.

We are so thankful for the friends in our lives who encourage and bless us. I shed tears of joy today as one of my dear MOMS Club friends and her two kids (who are also my students) held a garage sale and raised money for our baby. They gave me a sweet card and the money at the end of school today. It is so amazing to know we don't walk this path alone, but have so many dear friends beside us who show up when we need it most and often when we least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment