Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Main Event

Melody is the main event at our house right now. We are enjoying her and especially enjoying our first day without a hospital trip. Things are going well so far. I am especially proud of myself as I've successfully made it through 2 catheterizations! Pretty soon it will be Daddy's turn to master a skill we NEVER thought we'd need to learn. Here are just a few of the many pictures we've taken so far. More to come.

Melody all dressed and waiting to leave the NICU. Elizabeth picked out the panda outfit. We waited a long time as the doctor writing the discharge had to go do an emergency procedure. Apparently our discharge instructions are pretty involved. :)


Leaving the NICU!! This was right before I started crying. What a blessing and relief to go home. It was humbling to realize Melody was the first of the 6 babies in her room to go home. All the other had arrived in Room 5 before she did, too.

Tucked into her car seat.


Walking to the van. I said, "you're just going to let us walk out of here?" And they said, "Yes!"



Siblings first view of Melody. (You'll see a lot of masks in these early pictures. Colds are going around our house and we are making a valiant attempt to prevent Melody from getting it.)



David takes a peak.





LEGO Welcome Home Sign - Hmmm I wonder who made this one?






Melody's welcome home signs.


Melody Meets Miss Carla (who lives with us) as David looks on.



Miss Carla and the girls admire Melody

There are pictures of all the kids holding Melody, but I think they are on Grandma's camera. Look back here for those later.








3 comments:

  1. Sara-It was so wonderful to get to hear all of the excitement and joy that your children have had in children's church over these last two weeks. I will just tell you my favorite comment of today..."I like to hold her....and oh yeah miss cassie you have to be VERY QUIET at our house because she is sleeping and you are NOT allowed to wake her up"-Joel....Hannah's was "she is only this big(her arms were about 13 inches apart), I said well of course she is a baby and hannah said, I know but I just thought she would be this(hands out real wide, almost two feet) big. Last but not least Elizabeth said, "Melody sleeps a lot, and she has this big green thing in her mouth"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad she is home with your family. I remember saying the exact same thing when they let us walk out of the NICU. It was a bit of a weird feeling.

    I will be praying that Melody stays healthy and that the others heal quickly of their colds. God Bless you all as you embark on this new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is breath taking and I think I have cried with you too!

    What a gift that now resides in your home!!

    ReplyDelete