Monday, September 21, 2009

Three Days at Home

Melody Annalise Allen - 12 days old


Here is all of ME!

TV time with my siblings.

Grandpa and me

Grandma and Me

Melody and the Big Green Pacifier - I love it!

Joel and Melody

Hannah & Melody

Elizabeth and Melody

David and Melody

Melody has been home for 3 whole days. She is sleeping well at night, going 3 to 4 hours at a time. She has also figured out how to nurse already, so that is a wonderful blessing as all the pumping was really getting old and time consuming. The home health nurse stopped by today and said she looks great. She weighed in at 6 pounds 7 ounces. That is a gain of 3 ounces. We are noticing that she is moving her feet and legs more and more each day. This is very encouraging.

Today we actually managed to get school work accomplished, though we probably wouldn't have eaten much more than cold cereal without Grandma here to fix meals. I am feeling good overall, but get tired easily and am ravenous most of the time. I think I overdid it today, so I am feeling more pain tonight. A reminder that I am not yet two weeks past my c-section. We are slowly losing the masks around here as everyone is starting to feel better. But, the hand washing continues.

3 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful Sara. In that first picture she looks a lot like mama. Congrats
    Teasa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! She's a very lucky girl to have your family! We love you all and are thinking of you often. Damien

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first picture! She is gorgeous!
    Briana Norton

    ReplyDelete