Thursday, July 16, 2009

15 Years!

15 years ago today I married my wonderful husband. What a blessing our marriage has been. I thank God daily for my supportive and encouraging husband. He rarely complains about anything and his expectations for me are a lot more realistic than mine are of myself. He takes such great care of all of us and I am thankful Melody has Kevin as her Daddy with the challenges she may face. We were talking about the next 15 years while we were out to dinner tonight. We realized in 15 years, Joel will have just graduated from High School and Melody will be almost 15! Wow, talk about putting life into perspective.

We were able to enjoy dinner at Mimi's tonight and then parked on a hilltop overlooking the city lights to just chat. Since I can't eat sugar, dessert was out and since I can't walk a lot, most other options were out as well. I am feeling a lot better and able to walk without pain, but I am hesitant to walk too much and reinjure whatever muscle was hurting the last few days. The quiet time to connect and pray was wonderful.

We have a friend who has been living with our family since August, Carla. She is engaged to be married in March. The entire time she has been with us she has been working two jobs to make ends meet. We have asked her to trade babysitting for rent the next few months, and she thankfully agreed! She has been able to quit one job and so we are blessed to have a live-in babysitter at least one night a week for the next few months. The kids love her and cheers go up all around when they hear Miss Carla will be staying with them. Carla made it possible for us to go out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment