Sunday, July 5, 2009

Oregon Bound

We are heading out tomorrow morning for a trip to Oregon. We'll be seeing friends in Gilroy and San Jose on the way. We'll arrive in Monmouth, Oregon on Wednesday where my (Sara's) family is having a family reunion. My immediate family will be there for the first few days, then on Friday - Sunday there is a Fields Family Reunion. (My Mom's family) We are expecting over 100 people with around 65 kids, so it should be wonderful fun. I can't wait to see everyone and to meet my nephew, Jamin.

The doctor advised us not to go in the event that Melody decides to arrive early. However, I am only 29 weeks, so we should be fine. Trusting God with Melody's life is going to be an on-going struggle, so I might as well start now. So, instead of worrying, we are trusting God to keep her safe and going. I have hospitals along our route with NICU's all mapped out.

Please pray for safe travels and that Melody would not make an early entrance into the world. 11 weeks early is a huge problem, with or without spina bifida.

I'll update this blog when we return, unless I get really inspired along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Ah!! Say hello to Monmouth for me, it is where Greg and I met and got married. Safe travels.... -Cheryl

    ReplyDelete