Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

Yes, it is good to be home. We made it tonight around 5pm, just in time for Kevin to watch the Baseball All-Star Game, his favorite game of the year. The van is unloaded and the piles of laundry await in the garage. We had a wonderful time with family and the kids were pretty good travelers. Yesterday we drove from Monmouth, OR to Sacramento, which seemed like a very long day. Today we drove home from Sacramento which was a little shorter. There is so much to share about our trip and pictures to add, but I am too tired tonight.

We are thankful Melody behaved herself on our trip and that we had safe travels. I have been in a lot of pain the last 3 days and barely able to walk. Today was better, but still not great. I think I have pulled a muscle just below my "Melody Belly," as it only hurts when I step with my right foot, not my left. Unless I have a remarkable recovery tonight, I'll be calling the nurse in the morning just to be sure. Melody is still kicking around as much as ever, and I know the pain is not contractions. So, my best guess is a pulled muscle. I did sleep better in the hotel last night as they had a really comfy bed. My own bed should help tonight. Speaking of which, I should probably get headed there. There is nothing like your own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment