Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Grandma Coats playing beads with Joel

Today is my Mother's birthday. I guess it is fitting to think about her on this special day.

My Mother

Other people say they won't parent like their mother did, I strive to parent my children with love and discipline as my mother did.

Other people say they have no memory books of their childhood, my mother has kept many with detailed notes of our activities and milestones.

Other people say it is stressful at my mothers house as the kids have nothing to do, my kids are lost for days in the sea of toys my mother keeps.

Other people say "if I did ____, my mother would disown me," I always knew that my mother loves me no matter what I do.

Other people say their mother won't let them forget a mistake they made, I'm not sure my mother can remember much of the bad things we did.

Other people say their mother never let them jump on the couch, my mother was the one in initiated the activity.

Other people say their mother protected them too much, my mother traveled the whole world with 3 of us in tow.

Other people have pictures of their mother, my mother is usually behind the camera.

Other people say they love their mother, by no one loves their mother as much as I do.

I love you, Mom. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment