Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Vacation - Days 5-7- Fields Family Reunion - Kerith

The Fields Family Reunion began Friday at dinner time. We spent the day enjoying the Coats family and just hanging out. Several of the family helped as needed as the McKinney's were moving in fridges, groceries and furniture up until the last minute. I think the mattresses arrived about the same time all the family did.

When Joel and I awoke from our afternoon nap, several of the family had already arrived and were unpacking and lots of kids were already at play. Over the weekend over 100 relatives were in attendance with about 45 kids. It was a blast.

One of the highlights for me was Friday at dinner. My dear Aunt Joan was very excited about something, but I had no idea what she was up to. She just wouldn't let me help clean the table! She gathered some of the relatives and presented to me my Grandmother's wedding ring. It brings tears to my eyes as I write this as it was so completely unexpected. I was named after my Grandmother, Sara Fields. Though she entered heaven when I was just 11, it is a priviledge to bear her name. I can't think of a time in my life where a gift like this would have meant more to me. Thank you, Aunt Joan, for blessing and encouraging me. I love you.

Other highlights were the family times of sharing. On Saturday morning a time was set aside for all of the cousins to share. That is my generation. It was such a blessing and encouragement to hear how each family is doing, what their kids are doing, and especially the ministries everyone is involved with. It is pretty amazing when you sit and listen to all that God is doing in and through my cousins. We were noticing how God has placed several things on the hearts of our generation. One being adoption as there are 10 adopted children in our family and I'm sure God is not done using us in that way.

The second family time of sharing was that evening for the "older" generation, the seven Fields siblings. Again, it is awesome to hear how God is working and His name being praised. There was other sharing by others who had missed out on the morning sharing time, or who had other things to share as well. At the close, our family gathered around and laid hands on me to pray for our precious Melody and the life that God is giving her. What a priviledge to have such a large, godly family who prayed for Melody's healing, but mostly that God's will would be done. We also prayed for a couple of other family needs of health and God's intervention. It is times like this that make me so thankful to be a part of this family. We spent some time singing hymns of praise and listening to the sounds of a very musical family echo throughout the lodge. I was not the only one with tearful eyes during that. Singing with the Fields Family is a precious memory.

Sunday after breakfast we all gathered in the lodge for a Sunday Worship service. We make a pretty large congregation all by ourselves. It was another wonderful time of singing and sharing by several members of the family in ministry. Lunch was the final official event of family reunion and family packed and headed home after that. There were many of us who stayed, however, and enjoyed the afternoon and evening together.

No comments:

Post a Comment