Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fatherly Wisdom

During our recent family reunion we enjoyed spending time with my immediate family as well. Someone had remarked to my Dad that they wished the doctors had not told us about Melody's spina bifida. My father said to us, I'm glad they did as you are learning so much through this experience. I would never want to deprive you of all that you are learning through this experience.

I have pondered my Dad's comments a lot this past week. My earthly father is so wise and loves me so much and he can see the benefit of the trials I'm going through. How much more can my Heavenly Father, who is infinitely more wise and loves me abundantly more use the trials in my life for His glory? No matter what the future holds, this experience has taught us so much already and forever impacted the way we see the world. Yes, God could take away all our trials and pain, but is that what a truly wise and loving Father would do?

1 comment:

  1. Right on Sara,those that love you are also learning a lot about the love of our Father. Thank you for sharing Melody's life with us.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete