Monday, August 3, 2009

Birthday and Baby Shower

This weekend was fun and busy. It started with Elizabeth's "Half-Sleepover" on Friday night. We ended up with 6 girls (including our 2) which was a really nice size. She had invited only friends from school as I knew I couldn't handle a huge party. We decorated pillow cases, ate pizza and doritos, decorated sugar cookies, played hide and seek with glowsticks in the dark, and watched the movie, Kit Kitteridge American Girl. Parents picked up the girls abour 10:30 and they were all excited about staying up late. It was a really nice evening.
Decorating Pillow Cases
Mikaela, Hannah, Katy, Savannah, Emily & Elizabeth


Me and my "Melody Belly"

Saturday was a baby shower hosted by the ladies of Missio Dei, our church. Elizabeth was so excited to have it on her actual birthday. She even got to go shopping for a new outfit with Miss Carla on the way. It was a wonderful shower and I feel abundantly blessed.
It feels almost criminal to have a baby shower when you are having your 5th child, so I have been dragging my heels about letting them plan one. But, they did spare my the measure your belly game, per my request, so what do I really have to complain about?

I learned a few things, too.

1) People WANT to help, and this is one way they can help. Let them!
2) Carrying a child with special needs and an unknown future is a very lonely place. Being blessed at a shower takes some of the loneliness away.

3) Getting lots of cute pink, new items is fun and brings back some of the normalcy I long for in this pregnancy.

Hannah & Grandma Allen

Lovely Ladies
Margie, Connie, Judy and Sheri

No comments:

Post a Comment