Monday, August 31, 2009

9 -9-09 at 9am

Yes, the 9's seem to be prevailing. Thankfully, I have no issues with the number 9!

I saw the doctor today and he seems confident that I can make it until next week's scheduled c-section. I was 3 cm dilated today, which is only 2 cm more than two weeks ago, so I feel a little more confident we will actually make it, too. I did see my favorite doctor today and though we had to wait an hour and a half, he was still thorough, even though it was after 5pm. We didn't end up leaving the office until after 6pm. He made sure my Beta Strep test was taken and all the pre-op paperwork was filled out. He did say I do not have to have an amniocentesis before the c-section, so I was very glad about that. He said you won't make it much past next week anyway, so I don't see the point in doing an amnio.

Melody looked great on the NST once again, and I only had a couple contractions in the half hour, which is about normal for me right now. I'll return on Thursday for my last NST and then on Tuesday morning for an anesthesia consult and bloodwork. My c-section wil be on the 9th at 9am unless something changes.

At this point, I will not be surprised if Melody arrives earlier than that, but I won't be surprised if she waits, either. I'll just try and be patient and wait and see.

My Mom and Dad plan to arrive tomorrow afternoon, so we are looking forward to that. I'm just trying to enjoy the time to get a few things done before Melody's arrival. But, for the most part, all I want to do is sleep.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear things are coming along. May you keep a positive attitude through these tough times too! So fun to hear she may be delivered on 09/09/09!!!

    ReplyDelete