Wednesday, August 26, 2009

September 9th!

The doctors have put their schedules together and they have decided to do the c-section on September 9th. I will have a my pre-op on the 31st when I have my next appointment scheduled. On the 8th they will do bloodwork and the amniocentisis to make sure Melody's lungs are developed enough to do the c-section. At least, these are the doctors plans as of today.

I'm not very confident this plan will work out. They keep saying "we don't want you contracting at home," but that is exactly what I have been doing. Today my lower back muscles are all tensed up from the contractions and my belly is sore. I haven't slept well the last two nights. Since about 3pm contractions have been between 2-4/hour. It is hard to tell if they are increasing in intensity.

I do have an NST test in the morning, so we will see what they observe on the test. I will talk with them further then if I am still concerned.

So, September 9th will be Melody's birthday unless she decides she'd prefer another date. Elizabeth would have arrived yesterday and Hannah would have arrived today, so we'll see if Melody continues that trend and decides to arrive tomorrow. I think that is why I'm more anxious right now. If we make it past this week, I may relax a bit and be more confident Melody will wait until the 9th.

My parents leave Idaho on Friday and will be here on the 2nd. So, we may all be hanging out for a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment